The Ned and Nancy Show

Sunday, June 17, 2007

LEFTY !!

Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there! Here is a photo of my dad...Lefty. A picture tells a thousand words... Here we have my dad taking a much needed break from work. The tiled pool steps he is resting on is what he was creating. The coffee cup he is drinking out of is from the Thermos he kept for years. He would NEVER have paid the prices at Star bucks... if he knew what I paid for a cup of coffee and a gallon of gas he would roll over in his grave! Aw back to the picture... the cigarette he is smoking...(hind site huh dad...those things will kill you! ) Any way... it is a Winston...and the watch...yes on his right arm.... making him a true lefty! Ya know...most watches are made for right handed people and us lefty's have to turn the tiny knob in a very awkward position. My dad had the funniest sense of humor.... you could not help but laugh. He was creative, messy, stubborn as hell, he had a dirty mind, and a kind heart. He was the best!
His beverage of choice was a cold Coors beer.

He named all my friends he ever met "George" did not matter the gender. If you slapped him on the knee his opposite knee would jump out of control...so f_ _ _ ing funny! He talked in his sleep and you could have a chat with him in between his snores. One of my favorite story's of my dad is when my brother Robert and I made him run in his sleep...he laid in bed kicking away....only Lefty could do such a stunt :-)

Almost forgot about the Tatoo's on his arms...World War II army veteran.

So on this Fathers day...we honor our dads, and remember their smiles. :-)







Labels:

8 Comments:

  • Now this addled, old brain is having a problem with Dad's knees!
    Has he got holes in his jeans or are those tattoos on the bottom of his legs?

    Lovely tribute to your Dad - I'm sure he's proud wherever he may be:-)

    George/Mater x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 AM  

  • Hey George-mater-

    Oh, how could I have forgotten the knee pads? He wore them to protect his knees...tile setters are on their hands and knees a lot.

    It would have been pretty funny to have introducd the two of you. Talk about two seperate worlds. Lets see, he would have called you an English Broad (spelling?) and you would have thought he was rude and crude....which he was...then after a few beers or a glass of wine you two would be laughing at each other!

    By Blogger Nancy, at 6:36 AM  

  • I quite like the idea of being an English Broad - I feel it gives me street cred:-) I hope we might have laughed with, rather than at, each other.

    George/Mater x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 AM  

  • very nice. I don't think I ever met your dad.
    Stacy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 PM  

  • Hey Stacy!
    You would have remembered him...
    He lived in Las Vegas during my Glendale days...

    By Blogger Nancy, at 8:20 PM  

  • hey, nancy! just thought i'd stop by to say hello and that i am okay. miss you much! <3

    By Blogger Anna Lyn, at 9:07 PM  

  • ANNA LYNN!!!
    I MISS YOU 2! I FEEL LIKE WE BROKE UP :-(

    KEEP IN TOUCH ANYWAY...YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT PERSON AND I REALLY ENJOY YOU.

    THIS TO SHALL PASS...EVERYTHING WILL GET BETTER.

    By Blogger Nancy, at 7:55 AM  

  • I am starving without your yummy dinners! Haha. I hope we can have another spaghetti night together. That would be awesome.

    By Blogger Anna Lyn, at 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home